Peter R. Barbieri
Peter R. Barbieri is Of Counsel with the firm and concentrates his practice in commercial and residential real estate, real estate abatements, municipal approvals and land use law. His clients include individuals, families and businesses with transactions ranging from the purchase of a first home to seeking complex local and state approvals for major commercial and residential developments.
A resident of Holliston since 1983, Mr. Barbieri currently serves as a member of the town’s
Board of Assessors, a position he has held since 1997, and is Chairman of the Holliston Economic Development Committee. He previously served on Holliston’s Board of Selectmen, Planning Board, Conservation Commission and Housing Authority. Mr. Barbieri is a director of Celebrate Holliston, Inc. and the Metrowest YMCA, and in the past has served as a board member of many non-profit organizations. He previously served as a Director and President of the Metrowest Chamber of Commerce and now serves as its counsel. Mr. Barbieri has recently been appointed by the Governor to a special commission, 495/MetroWest Suburban Edge Community Commission.
Mr. Barbieri is a member of the Real Estate Bar Association of Massachusetts and the South Middlesex and Massachusetts Bar Associations. He has appeared before Planning Boards, Conservation Commissions, Boards of Appeal and Boards of Selectman in the Metrowest region.
Mr. Barbieri received his law degree from the New England School of Law in 1983. Prior to joining Fletcher Tilton PC, he was a sole practitioner in Framingham.
Mr. Barbieri’s paralegal is Cheryl A. Mandella, 508.532.3501.
- Real Estate
- Land Use
- Administrative Law
- Liability Issues for Title V System Inspection
- Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce – City of Worcester Real Estate Valuations
- Supreme Judicial Court
- Real Estate Bar Association of Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Bar Associations
- Member of the Holliston Board of Assessors, a position he has held since 1997
- Chairman of the Holliston Economic Development Committee
- Director of Celebrate Holliston, Inc.
- Member of Holliston Lions Club
- Counsel to the Metrowest Chamber of Commerce since 2001
- Member of the 495/Metrowest Suburban Edge Community Commission
- Director, Metrowest YMCA
- Previous member of the Holliston Board of Selectmen
- Previous member of the Holliston Planning Board
- Previous member of the Holliston Conservation Commission
- Previous member of the Holliston Housing Authority
- Past board member of many non-profit organizations
- Previously served as a Director and President of the Metrowest Chamber of Commerce
- Attorney Barbieri’s successful appeal of tax valuations for four commercial properties resulted in tax refunds of more than $1.3 million dollars.
- Responsible for obtaining Planning Board and Conservation Commission approvals for the development of approximately 98,000 sf of self storage space on Route 135 in Ashland. Storage Space is phase one of mixed use developement to include an additional 7,000 sf of commercial space and 35 residential units.
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- U.S. Supreme Court