Attorney Barbieri has spent his entire career as a Commercial Real Estate and Administrative Attorney serving the MetroWest. He is knowledgeable in all aspects of real estate development, including acquisitions, leasing, construction and permitting. He offers a variety of critical services for developers, including due diligence review and analysis of potential project sites, preparation and negotiation of transaction documents such as build to suit agreements, leases, and construction agreements. His extensive expertise on permitting projects is crucial to developers and he appears before state and local boards, commissions and agencies on behalf of clients nearly every day.
A resident of Holliston since 1983, Mr. Barbieri graduated from New England School of Law. He is admitted to practice in Massachusetts and in front of the Supreme Court of the United States. Before joining the firm, he was a solo practitioner in Framingham.
Mr. Barbieri currently serves as a member of the Holliston, MA Board of Assessors, in addition to his being Chair of the Economic Development Committee. He previously served on Holliston’s Board of Selectmen, Planning Board, Conservation Commission and Housing Authority. Mr. Barbieri is a director of Celebrate Holliston, Inc. He previously served as a Director and President of the Metrowest Chamber of Commerce and now serves as its counsel. Mr. Barbieri is an appointee of the Governor to the 495/MetroWest Suburban Edge Community Commission.
Education & Certifications
- New England School of Law, J.D.
- MetroWest Leadership Academy
- Supreme Court of the United States
Mr. Barbieri is a member of both the Real Estate Bar Association of Massachusetts and the Massachusetts Bar Association. Outside of his work with the firm, he is very active in the Town of Holliston, where he has lived since 1983. Mr. Barbieri is currently a member of the Town’s Board of Assessors and chairman of the Holliston Economic Development Committee. He is also director of Celebrate Holliston, Inc. and is a member of Holliston Lions Club, of which he was past president and also a Melvin Jones Fellowship Award Recipient. Mr. Barbieri was also previously a member of the Holliston Board of Selectmen, Holliston Planning Board, Holliston Conservation Commission, and Holliston Housing Authority.
Significant Representation and Achievements
- In 2018, Mr. Barbieri obtained the approvals for the Farm Pond Framingham Housing Project, which consisted of 210 rental apartments with full amenities and a restaurant. The approvals included Zoning Board of Appeals’ Variances and Special Permits, as well as Planning Board Special Permits and Site Plan Review. The Housing Project is presently under construction with an anticipated opening in late 2019.
- Attorney Barbieri negotiated the permitting of such notable projects as the 9-90 Corporate Center on the Framingham/Southborough line which included permitting for 1.5 million square feet of office, research & development, and hotel space, nine office/R&D buildings, including Staples 500,000 square foot headquarters. He also obtained approvals for over 1 million square feet of redevelopment for Life Sciences use by Sanofi and others in the Framingham Technology Park. He also handled permitting for the 525-unit Framingham residential complex, Danforth Village.
- More recent projects include the Oak Barrel Tavern on Route 20 in Sudbury and the Central Public House in Hopkinton, where Attorney Barbieri handled the permitting and his Fletcher Tilton colleague, attorney Faith Easter, handled the leasing. He is currently working for Baystone Farm Pond, a 210-apartment development with a swimming pool, amenity center and a restaurant being built on Franklin Street in Framingham. Permits for this project included variances and special permits from the Zoning Board of Appeals, site plan approval from the Planning Board, and an Order of Conditions from the Conservation Commission. Attorney Barbieri also handled the permitting with the Planning Board and Conservation Commission for 33 New York Avenue in Framingham—a 108,000 sf Life Sciences building—on behalf of King Street Properties.