Fletcher Tilton’s construction team represents project owners, general contractors, construction managers and subcontractors through the entire life-cycle of any construction project, including both commercial and residential jobs. Legal services may include:
- Preparation and negotiation of complex construction agreements, including AIA Contract Documents, DBIA and ConsensusDocs or other customized construction contract forms.
- Risk management, Insurance and such other due diligence related tasks.
- Mechanic’s lien enforcement, prevention or resolution.
- Change order disputes, management or resolution.
- Construction litigation or arbitration.
The firm routinely handles preparation of Notices of Contract and other required lien documents to be carefully prepared and recorded with the Registry of Deeds.
The firm represents institutional project owners and developers in the negotiation of complex, high value construction agreements. Representative projects include costs-plus-fee guaranteed maximum price, lump-sum or such other agreements routinely exceeding $10MM to $50MM in total anticipated costs.
The firm often serves as counsel to individuals or realty trusts seeking to renovate or construct residential properties, with representative projects valued from $350,000 to $10MM.
The firm specializes in representing academic institutions with complex needs related to development and construction of campus, research and student life facilities.
The firm represents general contractors, construction managers, subcontractors and vendors asserting payment claims against project owners or prime contractors, including complex payment and performance bond claims, demands for direct payment, and litigation based upon breach of contract, mechanic’s lien and other related causes of action.