William D. Jalkut
William D. Jalkut is an Officer and Director of the firm, and he is chairman of the Litigation Department. He concentrates his practice in the area of commercial litigation and personal injury litigation. His clients include businesses of all sizes as well as individuals and families.
William D. Jalkut’s 38 years of experience provide him with a perspective that often results in swift and accurate evaluations of disputes. Clients frequently use such evaluations to obtain early and favorable dispositions. Attorney Jalkut has tried numerous cases to conclusion in the U.S. District Court and in the state Superior Court, Probate Court and District Court.
Attorney Jalkut has been appointed as a Master by the Superior Court and the Probate Court on a variety of disputes. He has served as chairman of the Worcester County Bar Association Fee Arbitration Committee for many years, and has twice served as the chairman of the Superior Court Committee. He also has served for several years as a Conciliator in the District Court.
Attorney Jalkut is a member of various professional organizations, including the Massachusetts Bar Association, the Worcester County Bar Association, and the Massachusetts Bar Foundation. He is also an overseer of Old Sturbridge Village and a Corporator of the Harrington Hospital. Attorney Jalkut has shared his experience with the community as a lecturer in the Chamber of Commerce Business Law Program and by offering various seminars on employment law.
Resident in the Worcester office, Attorney Jalkut received his B.A. from Boston College and earned his J.D., cum laude, from Boston College Law School.
Attorney Jalkut's administrative assistant is Paula Touhey, (508) 459-8089.
- Commercial Litigation & Personal Injury
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Worcester County Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Foundation
- Overseer of Old Sturbridge Village
- Chairman of Worcester County Bar Association Fee Arbitration Committee
- Past Chairman of Superior Court Committee
- Appointed Master in Superior Court and Probate Court for a variety of disputes
- Appointed as a Conciliator in the District Court
- Super Lawyer, Boston Magazine in General Litigation
Attorney Jalkut often represents buyers and sellers in litigation that frequently follows transfers of businesses. He advised a client on corporate exposure for damages resulting from paraplegia injury to motorcyclist. He represented a plaintiff in a burn injury product liability case that resulted in a seven-figure settlement.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts