Todd E. Brodeur
Todd’s practice focuses on the disposition, acquisition, leasing, development, and financing of commercial real estate for over 15 years. Todd represents institutions, developers, retailers, individual investors, and lenders in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including negotiating and drafting letters of intent; term sheets for financing; purchase and sale agreements; land dispositon agreements; building and ground leases for multi-family, hotel, retail, office or industrial landlords or tenants; and loan documents. He also represents buyers and sellers of businesses, including dental practices, restaurants and hotels, among others.
Attorney Brodeur has been recognized for his work as a real estate attorney, named as a Rising Star, Top Massachusetts Lawyers by both Boston Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine
. In 2013, he was listed in Worcester Business Journal
’s Top 40 Under Forty.
A member of various professional and community organizations, including the Worcester Bar Association and the Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts. Attorney Brodeur serves on the Board of Trustees at the EcoTarium in Worcester and is an Assessor for the Town of Shrewsbury where he resides with his family. Attorney Brodeur is active in the Shrewsbury Little League as a coach.
He is a graduate of Trinity College, where he received an All American Athlete Award from the NCAA and league (NESCAC) honors as a member of the varsity baseball team that played in three NCAA tournaments. He earned his J.D. from Suffolk University Law School. While at Suffolk, he was the recipient of a Public Interest Group Fellowship and served as a Student Attorney for the Public Defender’s Office.
When not advising and guiding clients, Todd enjoys time at the Cape, golf and making memories with his wife and three children.
Todd’s administrative assistant is Tracey Montigny, 508.459.8060.
- Banking & Finance
- Business & Corporate
- Real Estate
- Worcester Bar Association
- Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts
- Board member and former Chair of Board of Trustees, EcoTarium
- Former Co-Chair, Worcester Chamber of Commerce Golf Committee
- Board member of the Major David Brodeur Memorial Foundation
- Top 40 under Forty, Worcester Business Journal (2013)
- Rising Star, Top Massachusetts Lawyers, Boston Magazine (2007, 2008, 2009)
- Real Estate Rising Star, Law & Politics Magazine (2007, 2008, 2009)
- Public Interest Group Fellowship, Suffolk University Law School
- Attorney Brodeur represented the co-owner of a private business in the buyout of the business which was valued at over $40 million.
- When a local college required financing, he represented the bank in the $18 million transaction.
- With legal assistance from Attorney Brodeur, a client acquired, financed and successfully navigated the permitting process for a brand new professional building, including appearances before the Planning Board, Zoning Board and Historical Commission where he convinced the Historical Commission to waive the demolition delay period, which, according to the City of Worcester had never been accomplished before.
- Attorney Brodeur has represented major retail chains in the permitting of several locations throughout the state.
- Represented a lender with franchise financing of over 50 franchises and over $25 million in assets in a complicated transaction that included properties in several states, leasehold mortgages and interest rate swaps.
- He has also worked with banks to permit and acquire several bank branch locations.
- Represented lenders with tax free bond direct purchase financing.
- Massachusetts State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals