Todd E. Brodeur is a Commercial Real Estate Attorney. His practice focuses on the disposition, acquisition, leasing, development, and financing of commercial real estate. For more than 15 years, Mr. Brodeur has represented institutions, developers, retailers, individual investors, and lenders in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions. Representative matters include land disposition agreements, as well as building and ground leases for multi-family, hotel, retail, office or industrial landlords or tenants.
Mr. Brodeur earned his bachelor’s degree from Trinity College. He graduated from Suffolk University Law School. During his time in law school, Mr. Brodeur was the recipient of a Public Interest Group Fellowship and served as a student attorney for the Public Defender’s Office. He is admitted to practice in Massachusetts, as well as in front of the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts and U.S. Court of Appeals.
In his legal career, Mr. Brodeur has represented clients in a number of important legal matters. He counseled the co-owner of a private business in the buyout of the business which was valued at over $40 million. Mr. Brodeur also represented a bank in an $18 million transaction when a local college was seeking funding.
Education & Certifications
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D.
- Trinity College
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals.
Mr. Brodeur is a member of the Worcester Bar Association and Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts. He was named a three-time Rising Star, Top Massachusetts Lawyers by Boston magazine and a three-time Real Estate Rising Star by Law & Politics Magazine. In 2013, the Worcester Business Journal named him among the Top 40 Under Forty.
Outside of his practice, Mr. Brodeur is involved with numerous local organizations. He serves as a board member and former chair of the Board of Trustees for EcoTarium and is a Director of the Major David Brodeur memorial Foundation. He is former co-chair of the Worcester Chamber of Commerce Golf Committee, and has served on the Shrewsbury MA Board of Assessors since 2012.
Significant Representation and Achievements
- Named a three-time Rising Star, Top Massachusetts Lawyers by Boston magazine
- Named a three-time Real Estate Rising Star by Law & Politics Magazine
- Counseled the co-owner of a private business in the buyout of the business valued at over $40 million
- Represented a bank in an $18 million transaction when a local college was seeking funding
- Navigated the permitting process for a brand new professional building, including appearances before the Planning Board, Zoning Board and Historical Commission, convincing the Historical Commission to waive the demolition delay period, which, according to the City of Worcester had never been accomplished before.
- Represented major retail chains in the permitting of several locations throughout the state.
- Represented a lender with franchise financing of over 50 franchises and over $25 million in assets in a complicated transaction that included properties in several states, leasehold mortgages and interest rate swaps.
- Worked with banks to permit and acquire bank branch locations.
- Represented lenders with tax free bond direct purchase financing.
- Represented developer in permitting major Kelly Square project in Worcester MA.
- Represented mall owner in obtaining permits to replace anchor tenants with medical center.