Robert F. Dore Jr. focuses his practice on Business and Corporate law, elder law, special needs law, trust and estate administration, and taxation. Mr. Dore works with individuals, families, and businesses including privately-owned utilities, prominent construction companies, and non-profit corporations with annual revenues in excess of $150 million. He is active in many local organizations, including having served as Chair of the Worcester County Bar Association Finance Committee and Chair of the Worcester Area Chamber of Commerce Business Education Committee, and has served in a number of other roles for organizations including Seven Hills Foundation and Holden Youth Soccer.
Recently, Mr. Dore has been involved in a number of commercial transactions. He counseled clients involved in the multi-million dollar sale of a division of a privately held company to a publicly traded buyer. Mr. Dore has also represented multiple borrowers and sellers in multi-million dollar matters, including counseling a client who was involved in a $12 million tax exempt bond borrowing.
Education & Certifications
- Boston College Law School, J.D.
- Harvard University, A.B.
- United States Federal District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States Tax Court
Mr. Dore has been repeatedly recognized as a Super Lawyer. He has also been Martindale-Hubbell, Peer Reviewed, AV rated for more than 20 years. A member of the American, Massachusetts and Worcester County Bar Associations, Mr. Dore is also the former chair of the Worcester County Bar Association Finance Committee and the Probate Court Committee.
He has been involved with Worcester-area organizations, including serving as Chair of the Worcester Area Chamber of Commerce Business Education Committee, former President of the Worcester Area Association for Retarded Citizens, Inc., and a former Director of the Seven Hills Foundation, Inc. Mr. Dore has also been involved with youth sports in Holden, having served as President of Holden Youth Soccer League, Inc., Holden Youth Sports, Inc., and as a Director of the Holden Baseball Program, Inc.
Significant Representation & Achievements
As examples of his recent engagements, Mr. Dore has:
- represented a business in a $20,000,000 stock redemption
- represented one borrower in a $12,000,000 tax exempt bond borrowing
- represented the seller in a multi-million dollar sale of a division of a privately held company to a publically traded buyer
- represented a privately owned borrower in a multi-million dollar commercial borrowing
- represented one seller in a multi-million dollar redemption
- represented a privately held company in its purchase of the assets of a Utah company and the purchase of the ownership interests in a Canadian ULC
- continued to be counsel and board member of a privately owned utility
- continued to be general counsel for a non-profit corporation with revenues in excess of $150,000,000
- represented purchaser of a country store