For nearly two centuries, Fletcher Tilton has been entrusted with the administration and management of countless private foundations, on many of which we also serve as trustees. The longevity of our practice has afforded us perspective, a deep expertise and understanding of the issues involved, and a superb track record in providing a comprehensive suite of services to help reduce legal and compliance burdens through the life of a foundation.
Our Trustees ensure that foundations achieve their purpose while maintaining loyalty to donor intent and objectives. They understand well the required duties of care and loyalty, and the obligation to properly and prudently invest the assets of each foundation.
Fletcher Tilton's experienced team will:
- Receive, review and respond to grant requests per the Trustees' instructions
- Verify each grant recipient is a qualified exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Handle all telephone calls and emails from grant seekers
- Schedule and prepare agendas for all Trustee meetings
- Record minutes of Trustee meetings (if desired)
- Follow up to grant seekers with the results of Trustees' action on each grant request
- Prepare correspondence with gift checks to grant recipients
- Maintain ongoing database showing multi-year pledges and historical giving record
- Prepare all required state and federal tax returns and reporting as required