Michael T. Lahti is a Trust & Estate Attorney and Chair of the Elder Law practice group. He has practiced law since 1995 and is a prolific public speaker, having conducted hundreds of educational seminars on a number of legal topics related to his practice, including how to reduce estate taxes and how to avoid probate. His practice includes estate planning, taxation, probate, estate and trust administration, elder law, and long-term-care planning. He regularly counsels families on how to protect assets from nursing home and long-term medical care expenses.
Mr. Lahti earned his Bachelor’s degree from Ripon College and his J.D. from John Marshall School of Law, where he also received a Certificate in Estate Planning and Personal Financial Planning from the school’s Graduate Tax Department. He also holds an LL.M. in estate planning from the University of Miami School of Law. Lahti is admitted to practice in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Florida.
Education & Certifications
- John Marshall School of Law, J.D.
- John Marshall School of Law Graduate Tax Department, Certificate in Estate Planning and Personal Financial Planning
- University of Miami School of Law, LL.M. in Estate Planning
- Ripon College
- Rhode Island
A well-known public speaker, Mr. Lahti has conducted hundreds of educational seminars in Massachusetts and Rhode Island on how to avoid probate, reduce estate taxes, protect assets from long-term (nursing home) medical expenses, and the essential documents that everyone should consider when doing an estate plan.
Significant Representation and Achievements
- Listed by Boston Magazine as a Massachusetts Super Lawyer in Elder Law
- Designated a Certified Elder Law Attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation
- In June, 2020, Mr. Lahti was honored by Rhode Island Monthly magazine for Excellence in Law.