Michael P. Duffy
Michael Duffy is a tax attorney and former “Big 4” state and local tax manager who supports Fletcher Tilton’s Corporate, Tax, and Trusts and Estates practice groups on a variety of matters. Michael has extensive experience advising clients on the tax consequences of forming, operating, restructuring, and liquidating business entities with an emphasis on tax-efficient succession planning. Michael also works on issues related to the formation and management of nonprofit entities, executive compensation, federal and state tax controversies, mergers and acquisitions, and the taxation of gifts, trusts, and estates.
Michael received his J.D. from Washington and Lee University School of Law in 2009 and his LL.M. in Taxation from New York University School of Law in 2017. He received a B.S. in Business Adminitration, Accounting from California State University, Los Angeles. Michael is admitted to practice in Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts (pending). He has published articles with the Journal of Taxation, Journal of Multistate Taxation and Incentives, and Providence Business News, and is a frequent guest speaker to CPAs on emerging tax topics in the Worcester area.
Michael’s administrative assistant is Danielle Hebert, (508) 459-8204.
- Business and Corporate
- Estate and Tax Planning
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Connecticut Society of CPAs
- Rhode Island Society of CPAs
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Rhode Island
- United States Tax Court
- The New Audit Landscape for Partnerships and LLCs, for Rhode Island Professionals Day (April 27, 2017)
- Fletcher Tilton - Tax Planning for CPAs and Financial Advisors After the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (June 21, 2018)
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act - Overview and Updates for Fall 2018 (with Proposed 199A Regs), for the Rhode Island Association of Public Accountants (October 18, 2018)
- Selection of Entity, for The Venture Forum (November 13, 2018)