Of Counsel | Business and Corporate
Mr. Harris is a corporate attorney concentrating in business and transactional matters for a wide range of clients with a particular focus on mergers and acquisitions, financings, recapitalizations, joint ventures and other commercial transactions.
Courtney also routinely counsels entrepreneurs, startup and growth-stage companies and investors in connection with the structuring and formation of new business ventures, private placements, capital raising transactions, agreements among founders, and employment and equity arrangements with key personnel, information privacy policies, as well as general legal and business advice to clients seeking to grow or expand their businesses.
Mr. Harris has advised clients in numerous industries and sectors, including food, beverage and hospitality services, software and technology, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, management/business consulting, media, publishing, advertising and marketing, industrial products, consumer products and apparel.
Courtney graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Government from Hamilton College, where he played for the men’s tennis team. Courtney received his Juris Doctor from Fordham University School of Law. Courtney is admitted to practice in the State of New York and is also a Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US), credential through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
Prior to joining Fletcher Tilton PC, Courtney worked for a prominent law firm in New York City for over a decade.
- Business and Corporate
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- General Business Advice
- Restaurants, Food, Beverage and Hospitality
- Commercial Lending, Banking and Finance
- Representing a private equity fund in its acquisition of a daily newspaper and media company and its subsequent sale.
- Representing the owner and developer of boutique hotels in New York City, Los Angeles and Washington DC in the negotiation of various joint venture and restaurant management agreements with restaurant operators and celebrity chefs.
- Representing the owners of radio broadcast stations in the acquisition and sale of radio stations serving Columbus, OH, Kansas City, MO, Fresno, CA, Lubbock, TX and Denver, CO markets.
- Representing a music publishing company in connection with the sale of its portfolio of music publishing copyright assets.
- Representing private equity fund in its acquisition of a software company providing technology solutions to healthcare industry.
- Representing the shareholders of an emergency medical transportation services company in the sale of 100% of the capital stock of the company to the world’s largest international rescue company.
- Representing chefs and investors in new restaurant concepts, “turn-key” acquisitions and related equity financing transactions.
- Representing banks and other financial institutions in various commercial lending transactions.
- Representing a leading manufacturer and marketer of animal health and nutrition products in connection with the restructuring and issuance of $350 million in debt securities and a new domestic secured credit facility.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- State of New York
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US)