Courtney Harris is a Corporate Attorney. His practice encompasses business and transactional matters for a wide range of clients with a particular focus on mergers and acquisitions, financings, recapitalizations, joint ventures, and other commercial transactions. Mr. Harris also routinely counsels entrepreneurs, startup and growth-stage companies and investors in connection with the structuring and formation of new business ventures, private placements, capital raising transactions, agreements among founders, and employment and equity arrangements with key personnel. He also provides general legal and business advice to clients seeking to grow or expand their businesses.
Mr. Harris received his bachelor’s degree from Hamilton College. He earned his law degree from Fordham University School of Law and is admitted to practice in New York. Mr. Harris is also a Certified Information Privacy Professional. Prior to joining Fletcher Tilton, he was an attorney with a prominent New York law firm for over a decade. In recent years, Mr. Harris has been involved in a number of cases, including the representation of a private equity fund in its acquisition of a daily newspaper and media company and its subsequent sale. He also represented the owner and developer of boutique hotels in New York City, Los Angeles, and Washington DC in the negotiation of various joint venture and restaurant management agreements with restaurant operators and celebrity chefs. Attorney Harris is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association.
Education & Certifications
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
- Hamilton College, B.A. in Government
- Certified Information Privacy Professional
- New York
Significant Representation and Achievements
- Represented owners of radio broadcast stations in the acquisition and sale of radio stations serving Columbus, OH, Kansas City, MO, Fresno, CA, Lubbock, TX and Denver, CO markets
- Counseled the shareholders of an emergency medical transportation services company in the sale of the capital stock of the company to the world’s largest international rescue company
- Represented a leading manufacturer and marketer of animal health and nutrition products in connection with the restructuring and issuance of $350 million in debt securities and a new domestic secured credit facility
- Represented the owner and developer of boutique hotels in New York City, Los Angeles and Washington DC in the negotiation of various joint venture and restaurant management agreements with restaurant operators and celebrity chefs.
- Represented a music publishing company in connection with the sale of its portfolio of music publishing copyright assets.
- Representing private equity fund in its acquisition of a software company providing technology solutions to the healthcare industry.
- Represented chefs and investors in new restaurant concepts, “turn-key” acquisitions and related equity financing transactions.